THANK YOU for being a project contributor/ambassador. YOU are the reason we have a project. This page will provide all the detailed guidance and materials that you will need to contribute the story AND share our project with your friends, family, and all your social media outlets. Let’s begin!
KICKOFF MARCH 3, 2017
- Please use any one of the media files below and share on whichever platform you’d like. Please include http://upupandabear.com/project-beta/ in the text or link. We are looking for more Contributors and Ambassadors.
- Like our Facebook page for the project at https://www.facebook.com/projectbetatastetheworld/. Invite all your travel buddies to like the page.
- If you have a blog, consider writing about the project and ask people to visit our page and sign up.
- Tell your blogger friends to get involved! The more the merrier. Let’s create a community where we can help each other.
- Add Hung (https://www.facebook.com/Li.Bai.Disciple) and/or Kayleigh (https://www.facebook.com/kayleigh.zeeff) on Facebook. We NEED to invite you to our Secret Facebook Group for quick communications.
- Check your profile information on our page. If yours isn’t on there, it’s because we don’t have your information, please send them to Kayleigh.
- We will be going live on the fan page to talk to people about the project on Friday at 9am PST, 12 EST, etc. If you’re available, come on and hang out. Also, if you’re interested in going live, reach out if you need any tips! It’s a great way to grab people’s attention.
- Read the WELCOME Package from Kayleigh.
The theme of the project is travel food, but it’s a lot more than just the best food you’ve had while traveling. The story you tell should encompass a food EXPERIENCE. Think of it as a journey, not just a description of the food. For example, a good story could be about how you spent 4 days trekking up the side of Mt. Kilimanjaro on granola bars and canned foods and, upon arrival at camp having victoriously conquered the peak, you had the best lamb soup of your life. Another great story could be about how you got lost among the alleyways in Venice and discovered a small restaurant away from the crowds – where you had the best meal of your life not because the food was mind-blowing but because you engaged in spirited conversations with the locals there.
If you’re unsure that your proposed story would fit into what we’re looking for, just ask. We’re here to help you pinpoint that tasty story you’re dying to share. Contact any member of the Executive Council for more assistance.
- Written story format: 800 to 1200 words.
- OR, video story format: 3-5 minutes video [tell the story with great pictures and music].
- Pictures are required (2 to 8). If you don’t have pictures of the story you’re retelling, “equivalent” images are acceptable. For example, if you don’t have pictures of the most amazing soup noodles you’ve ever had in Thailand, an equivalent or close-enough shot of a similar dish would suffice. Please provide the source of the pictures if you don’t own them.
- Optional but highly preferred: give direction/guidance on how others might be able to experience what you experienced.
- Optional but highly recommended: provide a recipe of your favorite dish from that food experience. If you don’t know the exact dish you had, something equivalent would suffice. Please provide the source for your recipe if applicable.
- Optional but would earn you many high fives: do a short and creative cooking video of you recreating what you had [4 minutes max] [must be exclusive to this project so it can’t be something you post on YouTube – it will live in this finished project only].
An example of what a complete submission would look like:
The Experience This Yourself guide:
The Cooking Video (not my video):
- 250×250 pixel profile picture
- Short 250 characters or less bio
- Site name and url (if applicable)
- Social media links if you’d like to include them [Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIN]
How to Submit a Story:
Story submission details will be provided via newsletter communications.